CHEERLEADERS AND DANCELINE SQUADS
(1) The Midget Squad is for children ages 5,6, and 7 years of age. The Pee-Wee Squad is for children ages 8 and 9. The Jr. B Squad is for children
ages 11, 12, & 13.
(2) Homecoming: The Visiting Cheerleading Squads will be announced/introduce prior to the games. All homecoming activities all squads (eg: homecoming courts, ect) must be performed before the start of the Midget game. Ensure enough time is allotted before the game for homecoming activities wherein it does not interfere with the time the game is to start or the announcement or introduction of the visiting cheerleading squads. If can complete your Homecoming activities during the allotted 10 minute halftime you may do so.
(3) All cheerleading and danceline squads are required to perform during the Jamboree, Playoffs and Championship Games,. Cheerleaders will be announced before the game. Dancelines will perform at halftime.
(4) Each team will not be responsible for providing drinks to their squads at halftime or at the end of the game.
(5) The Coosa Valley Football does not intend to run your program, but we expect you to follow all rules that the Coosa Valley Association sets.
(6) The maximum amount of money which a sponsor can ask from their cheerleader/danceline parent(s) for entire uniform, insurance , etc., is $ 250.00. Uniforms should consist of shoes, socks, hair accessories, and of course, uniform. Wind suits/sweats may be purchase for cool weather as long as the $250.00 amount is not exceeded. All other items must be approved by the contact person.
(7) Fund-raisers are allowed (eg: selling doughnuts, car washes, etc.) under the direct supervision of adults. These events must be for a goal that is for the total group: boys and girls.
(8) All practices must be held in a well lighted area, with adult supervision. Practice should be for approximately 2 hours and NO practice after 8:00 pm. League teams may begin practice July 1st, other than Wednesday or Sunday but practices will not be deemed mandatory. Mandatory practices may begin July 30th, 2018. There will be no practices on Varsity game days once High School Football Season starts.
(9) The contact person is responsible to ensure try outs are done fairly and ample notification(at least 2 weeks) is given to each child (via flyers, school announcements, etc). These tryouts, clinics should be conducted before the end of the school year. The contact person is responsible for obtaining judges who are fair and impartial. Should Coosa Valley determine try outs were not done fairly, or cheating incurred, the contact person will be removed and that organization will not have try outs, but each child that signs up will be accepted.
(10) Due to the liability of life-threatening, debilitating injuries, cheerleaders/danceline will not lift/build another child at any time. The sponsor will be held responsible, not Coosa Valley Football Association, should this rule be violated and a child is injured.
(11) Coosa Valley does not host cheerleader/danceline competition(s). Attending or participating in competition(s) must be approved by the organization’s, contact the rules Committe.
RULES TO LIVE BY
In any youth Sport program sportsmanship is a big part of the learning procedure. Cheerleader and Danceline sponsors are required to display sportsmanship, good judgement, and professionalism at all times. The following acts will not be tolerated and will result in your being barred or action taken against you by Coosa Valley Football Association.
(1) Altercations in the presence of the squad.
(2) Drinking or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs in the presence of the squad.
(3) Cursing by you or your squad.
(4) Unsportsmanlike conduct at any game.
(5) Making a spectacle of yourself at any game or practice session.
(6) Violation of any rules set by the Coosa Valley Football Association.